Prepare for AD/HD Assessment
Instructions for AD/HD Preparation
- The EEG data collection process will take approximately one and one-half hours. A cap, much like a bathing cap will be placed on your head. This cap contains 19 electrodes that will collect information about the electrical activity of your brain. No electricity goes into the brain, as all of the data collection equipment is specially isolated from external electrical sources.
- For the EEG data collection procedure, hair must be clean, well rinsed, and dry without any beauty products (mouse, gel, hair spray). This will enhance the connection between the electrodes and the scalp.
- Avoid consuming foods or drink products with caffeine 4 hours prior to testing.
- Contact lenses should not be worn as they may become uncomfortable during the data collection procedure. Eyeglasses should be brought if they are generally worn for reading or other activities. Please refrain from wearing earrings or heavy make-up, as gel will be placed on the some areas of the face and ears during testing.
- It is important to be well rested and alert for the data collection procedure.
- A light healthy snack, without sugar, would be helpful prior to the procedure.
- With your doctor's permission, please discontinue stimulants such as: Ritalin, Adderrall, Concerta, etc. 72 hours prior to the collection of the EEG. We do not recommend discontinuing other non-stimulant medications. We will record the name of each medication, dosage, and when the medication was last taken during data collection. This information will be taken into consideration when interpreting the results of the report. Please consult with your physician before discontinuing the use of any medications.
- After the evaluation there will be gel in the hair. The gel will dry clear and wash out easily with shampoo. Patients will have the opportunity to wash their hair after the procedure. Shampoo, a hairdryer and towels will be provided. Please bring your own comb or brush.
- Please plan to arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time, as there is paperwork to be completed prior to the assessment. Please have payment arrangements made before appointment date. ESS will bill your insurance company if the test was ordered by a physician. Insurance companies only cover a portion of the charges. The remaining balance must be paid on or before appointment date. The following forms of payment will be accepted: Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Patient financing options are also available.
- Cancellation Policy: If you must reschedule, we require a 24-hour notice prior to your assessment. If you cancel or miss your appointment without the required notice, we must assess a $125.00 non-refundable cancellation fee. This fee will not be covered by your insurance. Please contact us at 409.892.8303 to reschedule your appointment.
- Finally……. Relax, Elite Sleep Solutions is here to help you and provide you with a testing environment that we like to call “Just Like Home”. So if there is anything you need before you arrive or once you get here just let us know. We look forward to seeing you.